Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Teacher Feedback for Digipak/Advert Drafts


(Click to Enlarge)
The feedback that I have received from my teachers has really helped me with my developing ideas because it has allowed me to spot aspects of my Digipak and Advert that do not work as well as they could. For example, a comment about the Union Jack was mentioned and that I should research a bit more in-depth to its usage. What I found was that the Union Jack has caused some controversy about racism and so in the current times, the Union Jack may not be as suitable as it was for other bands that have incorporated it into their designs (such as The Who and The Sex Pistols). After much thought anyway, it would have made the design more difficult and could have taken away the simplicity of the effect that I have put on the photo of Joe.
In order to keep continuity through the Digipak and Advert, a suggestion of using a mid-shot photo of Joe on the front cover and the advert would be more appropriate because it shows the rock genre and would make the cover more interesting to look at.
I know that my drawing designs of both the DigiPak and Advert were not the easiest of designs to comment on because they were quite simple. What I plan to do now is to show my teachers every step of my editing (and Blogging it too) to show progress and compare between certain features on each design. This will gain me feedback from not only my teachers but target audience members as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment