Pages

Friday 11 November 2011

DigiPak and Advert Further Developments

FRONT COVER:

One choice that my teacher recommended I should look at was whether to enlarge the image of Joe on the front cover in order to make it suit the space more. This was the current design:
And this was the design with the image enlarged:

I have chosen to use the second layout because I think that the space is used better and it makes the cover stand out. It also brings out the text clearer with the red and white highlights in the image.

BACK COVER:

Furthermore, after I had completed the back cover design below and printed it out, I noticed that the credits at the bottom do not stand out as well as they should. I therefore made the tint of red slightly lighter which made a big different in the readability of the text.
(Click to Enlarge - Above Design has a lighter tint of red for the Credits)
INSIDE COVER:

I decided to have the text of the lyrics from the song ‘Boulevard of Broken Dreams’ going down the inside cover. I manipulated the image of the close up shot of Joe to match the design of the front cover. This is a shot of the inside cover in progress:
CD PANEL:
For the panel where the CD will be held, I wanted to keep the design simple but match the colour scheme that I used for the left and right inside panels with the lyrics on. I created a silhouette effect on the image and then filled in the background with the same colour as used for the background on the others.

I thought it would be appropriate to put the credits for the album on the centre panel and the red and white text colour scheme I thought would stand out the most on the dark background.

No comments:

Post a Comment