Pages

Sunday 6 November 2011

Target Audience Feedback

The crucial advice that I greatly value is from my peers and target audience members (as well as from my teachers). As my peers are mostly the target audience anyway, it has been easy to gain initial feedback from my developing work and my drafts.

Music Video Feedback:

·         Target Audience Member 1: ‘I really like the concept but like you mentioned underneath the clip, some of the shots are too long and I find it hard to keep interested in what is happening on screen. As a positive, I think that the artist suits the lip-syncing really well and makes that more convincing.’

·         Target Audience Member 2: ‘I think that some movement in the shots should be used instead of just static shots all the time. Even some movement created by the editing software using the footage you’ve got could work. I think this would make it more entertaining to watch.’

·         Target Audience Member 3: ‘If you are using a female in your music video, I think that transitions could be used such as fading in order to hint that they were together but are no longer. A lot of the music videos I have seen have slightly faster pace in the editing and so try to vary the shots. What you could do is take some close ups of both the female and the artist to make the people who are watching it more interested and captivated.’

·         Target Audience Member 4: ‘A black and white effect I believe would look really good on the music video; especially if you are using the focus point of Joe splitting up with the female.’

DigiPak/Magazine Advert Feedback:

·         Target Audience Member 1: ‘I like the wall texture behind the artist but I don’t understand why the front cover has just a face in the middle. I would suggest having a picture of Joe having a guitar and looking at the camera directly so that the guitar shows that it is in the rock genre immediately.’

·         Target Audience Member 2: ‘The fonts that I have seen on previous posts I really like but I think that just a simple font would be more suitable and clear from a distance (for the advert especially). Therefore, it would not take away the detail of the wall texture behind him.

·         Target Audience Member 3: ‘I’m unsure whether the cover will just be black and white or colour. I would suggest having a look at some of the Green Day cover’s that have black and white with some colour; which makes them stand out more.’

No comments:

Post a Comment