Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Re-Post of the Previous Album Cover Research - Snow Patrol/Green Day


Just to show that I produced research earlier into album artwork, this is a re-post of the two analysis that I completed earlier on in the research and planning stage:

1. Album/Single Covers Analysis - Snow Patrol:

Another part of the marketing campaign that I have to produce to promote the artist’s song release is an album/single cover with the digipak. I have only looked at the covers to gain inspiration at this point such as artistic effects and motifs that are used for popularity and links to other album covers:

(Click to Enlarge)


I have gained a lot of inspiration from this task because I know that I can apply my creativity to not just the filmmaking but the photography and manipulation editing of the photos as well. I particularly like the watermark effects and has even inspired me to think of that effect in my music video maybe.

2. Album/Single Cover Analysis - Comparison between the Subgenres:
In order to establish the difference between the subgenres in the Alternative Rock genre, I have compared the ‘Eyes Open’ album cover by Snow Patrol (in the Indie Rock subgenre) with the ‘21st Century Breakdown’ album cover by Green Day (Punk Rock subgenre):

(Click to Enlarge)

From this task, I have learnt that the typography, colour, composition and use of motifs can really help determine what a particular audience will go for when they browse for a CD and how important the album artwork is to the sale of the song. As I am thinking of using the ‘Boulevard of Broken Dreams’ song by Green Day, it will be the more modern and vibrant colours that I should think about; depending if that will suit the song and music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment