Pages

Thursday 22 September 2011

Analysis of Artistic Techniques/Editing - 'Breathe Me' (Sia Furler) - 2007



Although this music is from the ‘Power Ballad’ genre, I really like the way that the editing and cinematography has been used in order to produce the Still Motion technique. It is a similar technique to the one of Stop Motion and I really think that it adds narrative to the video. At first, I looked at the music video without the music and thought that the song must be quite fast in speed (as I have never heard of it before) because of the pace of the cuts between the shots. However, the fast cutting rate/rhythm of the shots I now think suits the tempo of the song and I might actually try do this technique because it could suit the speed of the ‘Boulevard of Broken Dreams’ song that I intend to use. It also could be used to create a narrative (such as a person looking back at relationships/memories by using a photo album).

No comments:

Post a Comment