Pages

Friday 9 September 2011

Alternative Rock - Breakdown of Subgenres

I have produced this map of all of the subgenres and related example bands that are in the Alternative Rock genre along with a few characteristics that run through the music/lyrics:

(Click to Enlarge)

This mind map has given me an overview of the Alternative Rock genre and the different subgenres that occur in that category. A lot of the bands cross over from subgenre to subgenre and have done a variety of music from either those subgenres or even of different fusion genres (such as Alternative Metal). It has given me the idea of which type of songs that I should think about and so now I will continue to research into the different music videos and also CD cover art for different subgenres and bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment